It's your time to make your health a priority. Learn how to take the simple steps for a longer, healthier and happier life. This section can help you take the best steps to being healthy and having a healthy family. You will also find questions that help you think about the choices you make, and resources and ideas that can move you to action.
It's all about YOU.
Life is about choices and deciding what's best for you. If you are pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant you need to think about what is best for baby, too. If you are not thinking about having a baby yet, but are sexually active, it is important to know that the choices you make about your body now will affect the health of children you may have in the future. Even if you never want to have children or have finished having children, making healthy lifestyle choice are important for all women that want to lead longer, healthier and happier lives.
At the end of the day, everything you do is about making choices. Sometimes you make a great choice and things work out just the way you hoped. Other times, you need to change your focus, try again or make a different choice in order to get where you want to go. That's OK. Whether it's about food, stress, relationships, smoking, alcohol or drugs, learning your options can help you make positive changes for life. And it's never too late. You can make the choice to change anytime you want. So today, give yourself the okay to place everything aside and choose YOU.
You are in charge ...
... of your life and your choices.
Are you ready? What's you plan to take charge of your health and your body?
- What are your big plans for the future?
- Do you feel good about your body? Are their habits you would like to change?
- What do you do that you know is unhealthy, but need to find support to make a change?
- Have you have a checkup recently? Do you know your health status?
- Have you had all of your screenings and vaccinations recommended by your doctor?
- How will you prevent an unplanned pregnancy?
- Do you know your family health history?
Are you thinking of becoming pregnant?
- Do you want to have children? When?
- Do you have health problems or risk factors that could affect you or your baby?
- Are there health problems in your family history that could affect you or your baby?
- Are you done having children?
Let's get started together! Choose a section from the left column.
You Deserve to Live Your Best Life!
Information about nutrition during and after
Information about free or low-cost children's
Back to top
Last updated: June 2012