Resources in English and Spanish on substance abuse services for women in North Carolina available to the public and professionals.
Referrals to Treatment
Call the Perinatal Substance Use Project at 1-800-688-4232 for screening, information and appropriate referrals for women throughout North Carolina who are pregnant or parenting and using substances. Share this number with clients or coworkers.
Updated bed availability information for substance use services in the NC Perinatal Maternal & CASAWORKS Initiative is available weekly for professionals working with pregnant and parenting women in North Carolina. To learn more about the NC Perinatal Maternal & CASAWORKS Initiative, click here for a description or contact the Perinatal Substance Use Project Coordinator by email at the Alcohol/Drug Council of North Carolina (1-800-688-4232).
The Perinatal Substance Use Project at the Alcohol/ Drug Council of North Carolina distributes two publications for professionals working with pregnant and parenting women in North Carolina.
- NC Women & Addiction E-Notes is an electronic publication with information about trainings, resources, research updates, and job postings related to women’s addiction, treatment, and recovery. To receive the ENotes publication, call or email the Perinatal Substance Use Specialist at the Alcohol/ Drug Council of North Carolina (1-800-688-4232).
- Awakenings is a semi-annual publication highlighting developments in women’s substance abuse treatment in North Carolina. The newest version is coming soon!
Training & Technical Assistance
- Technical assistance is available for agencies working with women who are pregnant or parenting on issues related to substance use.
- Training on women and substance abuse is available for agencies providing services to pregnant and parenting women.
- For more information about training and technical assistance, contact Judith Johnson Jones, Perinatal Substance Use Specialist by email or by phone at the Alcohol/ Drug Council of North Carolina (1-800-688-4232).